2.25.2010

Wood & Wool Stool: DIY Crochet Hangers Tutorial

Wood & Wool Stool

I love love love Ingrid Jansen's Wood & Wool Stool. Based in the Netherlands, Ingrid creates darling, whimsical repurposed wood stools with one-of-a-kind crocheted wool toppers. Clever, don't you think?

Did you know that, in addition to these perfectly fantastic stools, Ingrid also makes wood and wool crocheted hangers? I love them because they look like wood hangers with little stripy sweaters :) Wouldn't a few of these wood and wool hangers be a great kid's room decoration (not to mention a great way to use up all your little extra bits of yarn, too)? They're just cute to hide away in a closet!

And now for the fun stuff...Ingrid kindly gave the OK to share her published tutorial with us! Yahoo! Please let me know if you make some yourself. I'd love to post photos and let Ingrid know what a success her pattern was (we artists love that kind of thing.)

p.s. All the images and tute are courtesy Ingrid Jansen. Please do not reproduce or use without her permission. xo


Wood & Wool Stool Crochet Hanger Tutorial

Wood and Wool Stool tutorial: crochet hangers
{notes:}
1. This tutorial was printed for a Dutch interior design magazine, 101 Woonideeën Magazine.

2. It should also be noted that the instructions aren't in English, but you already had guessed that, right? Honestly, the photos are so good, that if you're a crocheter, you can wing it without the written directions quite easily.

3. Look at Ingrid's yarn ball -- so much better than little scraps lying all over the place. I don't know why I haven't been keeping my yarn scraps tidy this way, but I will be doing so from now on!

3 comments:

Jodi Kendall said...

these are adorable! Those little hangers would look so cute in a child's clothing armoire. :)

Jodi Kendall said...

Oh! And thanks for your comment asking about my work/job. I responded to a similar question on my January 1st blog post - so if you're interested in learning how I got my job, there's a bit in there :) I feel very blessed to do what I love for a living.

And I've been enjoying your blog! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Those crocheted bench covers are the cutest things EVER.

I really gotta learn hot to do that one day.

Bucket List, definately.

Or get one of hers, better!

TY- very very good post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...